I used to do a “Things I Love Thursday”, except I guess I called it ohJoy…and it wasn’t usually on a thursday.
It was just a list of things I loved about life, when things were really bringing me down. Unfortunetly, it would take me so much time to think up enough things to love about life, that it was a rarely done.
This year, I’m going to try to make a goal of just being able to write down and take photos of more positive things, more often.
Heres a list of things I’ve loved about 2011, thus far.
fish cakes in my ramen
letting my hair grow
waking up next to a cuddly dog
real friends who dress like imaginary friends
having my hair done on an otherwise average day.
fresh challah bread from the bakery to make french toast (with nutella)
bubbles in my coffee
finding interior in inspiration in unlikely places. (my future bathroom will soon look like the locker room from Shutter Island)
food wrapped like presents.
weekly family dinner nights
Seeing this guy who is obviously from the abortion ad on the train, stand around with his girlfriend, uncomfortably.
having the first meal of the new year, with some of my favorite people.
This song because it’s beautiful.
“He always sounded like he was drinking champagne on a train and wise to the ways of the world.”
-Tom Waits talking about Teddy Edwards. (Also beautiful.)
other honorable mentions:
- strangers saying “happy new year” in passing, all over New York
- snowball fights
- when friends from different parts of my life, end up becoming friends
- extra olives in martinis
- japanese eraser toys
- Putting Annie Hall on repeat while I’m sick in bed. I’ll pass out and wake up to something that makes me smile, no matter what part of the movie is playing.
- being reminded that I’m missed
- Pushing Daisies or any program that involves narrative story telling, for that matter. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, lemony snicket’s a series of unfortunate events, ect…